Cravings and Foodgasm:Dreamland Arts & Crafts Cafe

3:37:00 PM


Trivia: Lipa City is known as "Little Rome of the Philippines" and "City of All Seasons" due to former Mayor, now batangas Governor Vilma Santos-Recto but, Lipa City is also known as “The Coffee Capital of the Philippines” known for their famous Kapeng Barako (a liberica coffee species).

It's good to know that there are lots of cafés emerging in my hometown, Lipa City. My brother and his friends are always eating and studying at this café near their school, De La Salle Lipa so I figured, why not visit it myself. I am really intrigued for I only see it in pictures and the place looks beautiful. I'm talking about Dreamland Arts and Crafts Café by Indie Green Culture.

The café is located at 149 Yakal St. Villa Lourdes Subd. Purok 5 Brgy. Tambo, Lipa City  (2mins. walk from De La Salle Lipa and 4mins. walk from Robinson's Lipa). If coming from Batangas, before reaching the overpass in front of De La Salle Lipa turn right to Villa Lourdes Subdivision then turn right again (Yakal st.), second lot to your left you'll see it beside "The Yard Burgers and Sausages".If coming from Lipa Proper/SM Lipa, Robinson's Lipa: After the overpass in front of De La Salle Lipa, turn left to Villa Lourdes Subdivision, then turn right (Yakal St.).




I asked my siblings to accompany me and since my sister is in the Philippines for vacation, I figured it was the perfect time to finally pay a visit. The place seems an old house turned café, spacious and beautiful. I love the fact that they promote socialization aka "Social Media Detox" by not having a wi-fi access. 



Various dream catchers with different style hanging in the ceiling. (All the dream catchers were hand made by the owner, Indie Green culture.



Look at that huge beautiful dream catcher!



I'm in awe. this place has a very artsy fartsy feel. Arts, crafts and food everywhere.



Bob Marley is LOVE!


Random photos of the owner, friends and costumers.


Costumers' art works are displayed.


Dream catcher, dream catchers everywhere!



We ordered a pitcher of lemonade (150 PHP), sour cream potato wedges for more (100 PHP, cheesy baked mac (140 PHP) and buffalo wings (150 PHP).They cook as you order and it takes time. 



Buffalo Wings

I was quite disappointed with its size and taste. It was not too spicy for my taste buds. We ended up not eating the last piece. The only savior is its potato wedge side snack.


Sour Cream Potato Wedges

I love their potato wedges. Not too thin and oily, just cooked to perfection. I also love it's secret seasoning and of course the dip.


Cheesy Baked Mac

I am really particular when it comes to pasta and their sauce. I find it bland and over priced. I will definitely try their other pasta meal next time for comparison.

Since they cook slow and as per order, I don't suggest it to students who only have less than an hour break to order complicated to cook food like pasta. We actually saw some students who were pissed off since their order were not yet served and they are already late for class. This place is perfect for people who has ample time to relax, enjoy and release their inner artist in them.



Over all, I give them 7 out of 10 ratings. My cravings weren't satisfied but I felt relax and happy just by being there. I recommend this place to students who wants peace and quiet place to study and also for artsy people who wants their artworks shared and displayed. I just wish they install air-conditioning or provide more fan since the place doesn't have a good ventilation. I will be back for sure and try their coffees next time.

Hungry and fascinated? Visit them now at  149 Yakal St. Villa Lourdes Subd. Purok 5 Brgy. Tambo, Lipa City. They are open everyday from 8AM to 10PM. You may send inquiries on their Facebook page: Dreamland Arts & Crafts Cafe - Lipa or send them an SMS to 09166498271. 

You may also visit their Tagaytay branch that is open 24/7 located at Purok 157 Brgy. San Jose, Tagaytay City Proper, Tagaytay, Philippines 4120 (near Cityland Condo, beside Verazza Hotel, 200meters/2mins. walk from Tagaytay Rotonda)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Joy Meets World

Flag Counter

Joy Chew the World

Nihao Fellow Foodie!

View my food journey on Zomato!