Two Cents:An Open Letter to my Partner's First Love

3:31:00 AM


Dear his past,

First of all, thank you so much. Thank you for loving him while you were together, while I was still out of the picture. Without you, he would not know what it feels like to love and be loved. Thank you for making him the man he is today: loyal, honest and kind. 

I know he loved you, I guess you loved him back too, and I’m certain you both tried. I don’t believe it’s anybody’s fault that you weren’t meant for each other. Maybe it's just part of a bigger picture the one our creator planned.

I did my research, and yes I cyber-stalked you. My apologies for I just want to put a face on your name after all these years of wondering. I'm still clueless about you but one thing is for sure, we are not the same yet we are the best version of ourselves.

I would be a hypocrite if I'd say I'm not terrified of the thought of you and the decade you spent together. I don't hate you for breaking his heart for I found a reason to mend it and put it back together. 

I know you are currently happy and so are we, and now I believe this is all His great plan. I'm uncertain of our future, but one thing is for sure, I love him, he loves me, he loved you, you loved him and you love anew. 

Cheers to new beginnings and memorable endings!

XX,

J.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Joy Meets World

Flag Counter

Joy Chew the World

Nihao Fellow Foodie!

View my food journey on Zomato!