Fictional Friends: Book Haul at the Big Bad Wolf Book Fair

12:05:00 PM


Pinoy bookworms, are you ready to huff and puff and blow the house down? Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is finally here in the Philippines. The Big Bad Wolf is the grandest book sale in the world, offering 60%-80% discounts on all books. Since 2009, they have been touring the world and reached countries such as Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and its home country, Malaysia. This year, the Philippines get to have their first "huff and puff" experience, Big Bad Wolf style. 

It already started last February 16th and will run until 25th of February operating 24 hours a day (231 hours non-stop). The sale has over 1.5 million books covering 20,000 high-end English titles across all genres, may it be fiction, non-fiction, children’s books and rare collector’s titles.







I get to experience it last February 19, Monday morning. From Batangas, I head straight to Pasay. 



Here is my book haul. (PS. All of these are for my son):


Compton Valance Books by Matt Brown

Sammy Feral's Diaries of Weird Books by Eleanor Hawken

Puppy Academy Books by Gill Lewis

Horrid Henry Books by Francesca Simon



Animal Magic Books by Holly Webb

Beast Quest Books from Orchard Books

I really enjoyed book hunting and it was a nice experience. All the staff were accommodating and nice.


I am satisfied with my purchases plus the books I got are not available in the Philippines. I availed all the books for only 3,600 Pesos, such a steal right? (not literally, lol)


Since I had a good time, I went back last February 22, Thursday morning. Here are my last book haul:


The Diary of Dennis the Menace by Steven Butler

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


Wizarding World Movie Magic by JK Rowling

This time, all the books cost P2,610.


If you are planning to come, here are some of our survival tips:

1. Come in early. Since they are operating 24 hours, it is much better to book hunt during midnight or early morning. Less people and less traffic. I went here early Monday morning since I figured most people are at work.

2. Come in prepared (physically, mentally and financially). Thus, you need to come wearing comfortable clothes, bring bags or luggages to carry your haul, have enough sleep, has full stomach and most important thing is to bring cash or credit card with you. take it from me, I came in tired, sleepy and hungry so I wasn't able to focus.

3. Take your time. Again the sale runs 24 hours so take as much time as you need. Believe me, you'll be in awe of how huge the place is.

4. Make a new friend/Bring a friend. If you are planning to scout and hunt a lot of books, you need someone to help you for the place is huge. Also, you will meet a lot of bookworms like you so this is a great venue for meeting new buddies (or maybe your forever)? In my case, I met some moms like me scouring the plethora of books for their respective kids. #MommyDuties


5. Take good care of your belongings. The books are overwhelming plus there are ample of bookworms like yourself. The Management won't be responsible for any lost personal item. Trust me, I almost lost my bag but luckily, the attendants were kind enough to look after it.

What are you waiting for? You still have couple of days to experience the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale. The sale is happening at the World Trade Center, Pasay City. Great deals, great experience, hoping to experience it again in many years to come.


BONUS: Here's Reese Lansangan's original song about Big Bad Wolf Book Haul called "You Can Never Have Enough Books" aka "The Book Haul Song". Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Joy Meets World

Flag Counter

Joy Chew the World

Nihao Fellow Foodie!

View my food journey on Zomato!