Wedding Supplier Review: Dhana de Belen MakeUp Artistry

7:05:00 PM


Planning a wedding is not that easy especially if you are meticulous and hands-on, like me. My then fiance and I went to various wedding fair to search for the best wedding suppliers. Luckily, we've found one of the best during Getting Married Bridal Fair Philippines last May 2017. We attended 2 days for a day isn't enough for us to decide.

Every bride dreams to be the most beautiful girl on her wedding day. Luckily, I have found a makeup artist who's sent from heaven. We booked Dhana de Belen Makeup Artistry on our 2nd day of attending the bridal fair after sleeping on it. We have talked to various HMUA but only Dhana de Belen Makeup Artistry stand out from the rest.

During the bridal fair, the team was very accommodating and patient with our queries. They are composed of the main Makeup Artist, Ms. Dhana de Belen-de Guzman and her brother, Daniel Darren de Belen as the second makeup artist, both well-versed in airbrush and traditional makeup application. Their hairstylists are Thinz Oh, Gelo Cibrian and Zabrinah Solis. They also gave me a free makeup trial on the spot and here's the result:

My makeup trial look was done using airbrush makeup. My problem areas are obviously my dark under-eye and dark pimple marks. Dhana was able to conceal it without applying too much thus making it look natural. I am not a huge fan of heavy makeup and concealing thus Dhana's makeup style is what suits me and preferred.

I found out that one of my friend also bookeDhana and her team and I became more satisfied with our decision to hire them.

Then came our engagement session. Dhana and her team came early and went home late but I never heard any complaints from her and the team. They were really patient and caring, making sure we always look good for the pictures. Our make up was traditional and I had 3 different looks.

Here are some snapshots the engagement session:







Makeup by Dhana de Belen
Photo by Shootme Photo
Styling by My husband and I

Prior to our wedding day, something came up with Dhana, a situation where her family needed her the most. I was worried she will cancel and not show up, as a matter of fact, I already talked to a backup makeup artist but thank God they made it through. Dhana and Daniel continued their commitment even with heavy hearts and we really appreciate and laud their professionalism. (If Dhana and her team backed out that time, we will totally respect and understand their situation for the matter was really sensitive)

The moment of truth, our wedding day. As usual, Dhana and her team were early and arrived at the Hotel ahead of us. As soon as we got the room keys, Dhana and her team started dolling up the entourage.

Here's one of Dhana's finished airbrush makeup look for a secondary sponsor:


Makeup by Dhana de Belen

After a few moment, came my turn. The truth is, I was sick and sleepless during my wedding day, making it hard for Dhana to put makeup on me. I was coughing non-stop and my nose was runny but she was patient, caring and understanding. We had more than one airbrush application because of my poor condition. Dhana made sure I look "au naturel", a pretty and happy bride, and she didn't fail. 



Makeup by Dhana de Belen
Hairstyle by Thinz Oh
Photo by Shootme Photo

On the other hand, my husband's look was made by Daniel de Belen. Daniel is barely new in the industry but his work is excellent like his sister's. My husband, like me, is not a big fan of heavy makeup and Daniel made sure my husband looks fresh and natural, still masculine looking despite having makeup.


Makeup by Dhana de Belen
Photo by Shootme Photo

Here are the pros and cons of hiring Dhana de Belen Makeup Artistry:

Pros: 
1. Punctual
2. Open to client's request/preference but is not afraid to differ and suggest a better option.
3. Offers affordable package
4. Uses high quality and branded makeup
5. Tools were clean, thus hygienic
6. Responsive, courteous and accommodating
7. Natural and light looking application of makeup (even and not heavy)
8. Professional and committed

Cons:
1. Since Daniel is new in the industry and still learning, he takes extra time to perfect his work but for the record and don't get me wrong, the outcome is not compromised. I believe he will improve and can work faster as he progress with his craft

Overall, we were one really happy bride and groom. Dhana de Belen and her team made sure we were in our best look on our special day. Even our entourage was happy with their dolled-up looks.

Will I recommend Dhana de Belen Makeup Artistry to future brides and grooms? Of course YES! We wish the best for Dhana and her team.

For more details about their package and their sample works, you may visit their Facebook page and view their YouTube Channel for makeup related queries.

Images Courtesy of Dhana de Belen Makeup Artistry and Shootme Photo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Joy Meets World

Flag Counter

Joy Chew the World

Nihao Fellow Foodie!

View my food journey on Zomato!