Rickson X Juya: Got Hitched Over the Weekend

7:32:00 AM


Not so long ago, my partner and I were just planning our union after our engagement last year. Flash back wedding planning. My partner and I didn't know where to start. Shall we book a church first or suppliers first? Honestly, I believe everything fell on it's own place. We were eyeing for St. Andrew the Apostle Church and luckily, since our wedding month is a ghost month, almost all Saturday slots were available. Everything was surreal until our engagement photo session day came. I said to myself, this is it, our big day is fast approaching. 

Finally, the long wait is over. My partner (now my husband) and I tied the knot last long weekend of August. Our intimate exchange of "I Dos" were witnessed by our families and close friends who came from various places from the Philippines: Batangas, Cavite, Caloocan, Antipolo and abroad: USA, UAE and Italy.

Prior to our wedding, we anticipated that there's a huge possibility of rain or worst, a storm since it's August. We went to Monasterio de Santa Clara in Quezon City to pray and shower offerings. The night before our wedding, tropical storm "Jolina" poured and made me sleepless. I was really worried but by the grace of our Almighty, we were blessed with a fair weather. The rain poured during our preparation but when we reached the church, it stopped.

Our theme was Bohemian aka "Boho" but since our wedding is a rainy month, we didn't pull off a garden wedding. We opted to have it indoors but of course the bohemian element is still present. Our color motif were earth colors: Beige, Salmon, Coral, Coral Peach, Champagne and Skin Tone.

Here are some of our photos, full wedding preview album, click here.












To those who missed our wedding day, worry not. Here's our same day edit video beautifully created by The Film Hat headed by my good friend Niq Ablao.


In the coming days, I will be writing reviews about our wedding suppliers for engaged couples and soon to weds' reference. For now, here is the full list of our wedding suppliers.

Church: Saint Andrew the Apostle Church
Preparation and Reception: The Selah Garden Hotel
Photo: Shootme Photo
Video: The Film Hat
Coordination and Event Styling: Mixology Events Management and Advertising Co. and Mixology EventStyling
Hair and Make Up: Dhana de BelenDaniel Darren de BelenThinz Oh and Gelo Cibrian of Dhana de Belen Make Up Artistry
Bridal Gown, Groom's Suit and Gentlemen's Bow Tie and Suspender: Licec Sotniuq
Ladies Entourage and Primary Sponsor's Gowns: Love Humbly Shop
Bridal Preparation Dress: ZALORA
Flowers: Dangwa florist
Cake: Purple Oven
Invitation: My partner and I's DIY
Engagement and Wedding Rings: J's Diamond


Photo Title Cover Image Courtesy of Beejay Bautista

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Joy Meets World

Flag Counter

Joy Chew the World

Nihao Fellow Foodie!

View my food journey on Zomato!